+ Reply to Thread

Thread: adding addt'l shipping for outlying areas

Squirrelcart version
    v3.3.0

adding addt'l shipping for outlying areas

I have a flat rate shipping set up - so that 2 of my provinces get "free shipping" (the product is set to $0 shipping in the product description - with a product cost of $95 - so the product cost actually already includes the shipping).

So for outlying provinces - I wanted to add additional shipping as per table below

**Free Shipping applies to ON & QC. For additional charges for the rest of the Provinces & Territories, see below:

Additional
    Shipping Cost Provinces Total
    Price

$10 AB, SK, NB, MB $105
    $12 BC, NL, NS, PEI $107
    $17 YK, NWT, NU $112

I set up 3 rules - stating that for that product - each item of that product, depending on the customer's shipping province - would be charged the additional amount ($10, 12 or 17).

However, when my customer placed an order - the additional shipping wasn't added on.

How can I get the additional charges added on - so that if the person orders 3 cases of the product - to BC - an additional $36 is added for the cost of shipping?

Ideas?

Thanks

Tammy

Squirrelcart version
    v3.5.0
    How can I get the additional charges added on - so that if the person orders 3 cases of the product - to BC - an additional $36 is added for the cost of shipping?
    This is not possible unfortunately. Shipping rules control the rate offered for the entire order, not for individual items present on the order. While you can set the charge on the rule to be "per item", it is going to charge that rate (when applicable) to every item in the order.

We do not have a feature to use rules to control shipping rates for individual products in this fashion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information